A denture is known as false teeth as it replaces missing
natural teeth. It can be made of plastic or a combination of
metal & plastic. It can be taken in and out of the mouth by
the wearer. Dentures helps you to speak better, look better and
Dentures are made of entirely of plastic are cheaper but not
always better. Dentures that replace all teeth are usually made
entirely of plastic.
Dentures made of Cobalt Chromium are stronger and last
longer. Cobalt chromium, a hard, strong metal which does not
rust or change shape. this material allows the dentist to
design the denture better. Cobalt Chromium dentures cost more
than the plastic ones but are a good investment.
There is also a need to care for your dentures. The
following are the best way to take care of your dentures:
- Take it out of the mouth to brush and rinse them after
- Clean it thoroughly by brushing and soak it in denture
cleaner at least once a day. Clean with soap and water.
Brush gently, Preferably with a denture brush.
- Some commercial denture cleansers may tarnish metal. Do
consult your dentist as to which cleaners are
- Soak dentures in a glass of clean water at all times
when not using it so that the dentures will not distort,
i.e. change shape.
- Do not attempt to alter your own dentures.